BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 12 October 2011

-

It was breaking into the early hours of the morning, and after a long reluctant drive to London Paddington Station I pulled up to the car park. Effortlessly and without care I slotted into a space, with my parking leaving a lot to answer to. Despite the judgemental stares from fellow drivers, the overwhelming reality of the events that were about to take place left me impervious to their sniggers. Through stifling tears, insatiable bouts of nausea surging through my stomach and the inability to speak the revolving doors of the station sucked me in, only to throw me out again in minutes feeling worthless. Among the thousands of people around me there were families welcoming back loved ones, business men commuting to feed the system and passengers becoming increasingly angry with tedious delays, however their presence went unnoticed.

Leaning smoothly on a black, heavyweight suitcase he stood. His face lit up, whilst my heart had taken its last beat; only to shatter and slice into the rest of what was now a worthless, empty body. The stifling tears erupted into a whirlwind seeping out of my eyes. 'It's not goodbye silly, just see you soon.' Feebly nodding I smiled half heartedly. The monotone voice of a woman echoed throughout the station, successfully confirming my worst night mare. 'The next train to arrive will be the 4.35 calling at Heathrow.' As the train pulled up he let go of my red, blotchy cheeks. The train doors opened. With a gentle kiss on my forehead and a look of hope in his large brown eyes he boarded the train.

The revolving doors pulled me back through to the other side, only to face a whole new challenge. After a deep inhalation with my eyes closed I thought to my self 'Here we go.'

0 comments: